Sunday, May 20, 2012

1980 Fender FJ-70 (2)

















This weekend I found a good new home for my Fender FJ-70.  I just was not playing it enough to justify holding on to it, even though it is arguably one of the nicest models from the halcyon days of Fender acoustics.  I sold it to someone looking for a jumbo-size acoustic, and the FJ-70 is arguably the nicest one you can buy for the money, if you can find one.  The only Fender in the F series to be offered in sunburst finish at the time, it was only made for a little over a year in 1980-81.

It is a beautiful guitar.  I even dig the attractive abalone-inlayed Fender logo on the headstock.  Rest assured that this is a guitar that also sounds as great as it looks.  I feel good that it is in the hands of someone who will appreciate it as I did and play it as much as it deserves.

2 comments:

  1. She's beautiful. I collect f series, have 5. Aware it existed, never seen picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Brandon. This is an awesome guitar. If you get a chance to add this one to your collection, you will not be disappointed. Cheers!

      Delete