Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thanksgiving (Guild CV-2C)

Spending the Thanksgiving weekend up in NH with family and feeling very thankful.  Everyone is healthy, we have a roof over our heads, with electricity and heat, and we are employed.  These are all things we have recently been reminded not to take for granted between the still lingering effects of the 2008 recession and Hurricane Sandy's devastation along the East Coast.

I've been working two jobs lately and have not had much time to pursue any neglected guitars or find good homes for the ones I already have in the stable.  The Thanksgiving break is thus a welcome chance to spend some time playing, tweak the action on one guitar, and finally get around to customizing one of the guitars I plan to keep - my Guild CV-2C.  First, I upgraded the original bridge pins inserting bone bridge pins with abalone insets.  Next, I swapped out the original black plastic truss rod cover with a hand-crafted ebony wood cover inset with Mother of Pearl and Paua Shell in the form of a fleur de lis in honor of my French heritage.


I highly recommend the craftsman in Winnipeg Canada who sells these handmade truss rod covers on eBay for any different number of guitars, including Guild, Gibson, and Taylor.

Of my growing collection of guitars, it's the Guild CV-2C I brought over to our friends' house for Thanksgiving dinner after which we enjoyed a musical evening.  Happy Thanksgiving to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment