Monday, April 2, 2012

2009 Breedlove Atlas Stage C25/SR (3)

I closed my first sale today after a number of emails and texts inquiring about my Breedlove Atlas series guitar I had re-posted with a slightly lower asking price.  I'm glad to have found her a good home.  The guitar was sounding much better after a neck set-up to elevate the action and eliminate buzzing.  A new set of Elixir strings completed the transformation.

The Elixir strings were another Craigslist score, part of a stash of a dozen sets of these expensive strings I bought for less than the price of two sets.  I chose to put on the heavier gauge "medium" strings for more tone and sustain.  It was like breathing new life into a dead instrument!  One last once over with a polishing cloth and she was ready to meet her potential new owner.

The meeting did not last more than ten minutes.  The guy had checked out a couple Breedlove models at Guitar Center so he was familiar with the guitar and evidently ready to purchase as long as she was as advertised.  So long Breedlove.  Hope you continue to make music for many years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment