Saturday, April 28, 2012

1984 Guild F-45CE (2)

My 1984 Guild F-45CE is an interesting guitar with a great vintage look and sound.  First there's the oval soundhole and venetian cutaway.  Very cool.  Then there's the beautiful Mahogany arched back that helps add depth and projection.  Finally, there's the slim neck and two retro pre-amp knobs that add to the electric guitar-like playing feel of the guitar.

The F-45CE was a happy eBay find.  I bought it at a reasonable price because the electronics did not work due to corrosion in the battery holder.  I was even able to buy the original full-page color ad for this very model from the January 1984 issue of Guitar World, also on eBay for a couple of dollars.  After my go-to luthier replaced the battery holder and connecting wires that had blackened beyond use, the guitar was once again in full working order.  I enjoyed playing her, but with my total guitar count having crept up in the interim, it was time to find her a good home.  Several Craigslist postings later, I met up with her new owner today.  No haggling was necessary after he picked out a few bluesy licks and confirmed that she was in pristine condition as advertised.  It was love at first sight!  I got my asking price, and he got a beautiful vintage instrument with many years left in her.  It's nice to know that she will be appropriately appreciated.  Happy trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment