Saturday, August 11, 2012

Summer Livin' (1979 Yamaha FG-335)


Threw my travel guitar in the car for a summer weekend on Moose Pond in Maine where my friends are hosting.  My 1979 Yamaha FG-335 is always ready to go.  It is a solid guitar with great volume and intonation.  After thirty years in a closet, it just needed a little TLC to bring it back to life. Now it has also flown over the Atlantic in carry-on and because it does not need to be babied, I end up playing this guitar more than my Martins and Guilds.  It has turned out to be one of my best Craigslist buys.  Carpe Diem!

2 comments:

  1. Just found a 1979 FG-335 in Modesto. It's in transit and I can't wait. The whole time I was learning, my friend's guitar always sounded better, louder, and sweeter. I wrote down the model, FG-335, and started searching. We didn't have Google back then, just pawn shops and want ads. At the Guitar store I bought an FX-335 but found it wasn't anything like the vintage guitar. Finally, I found one in immaculate condition and won it on Ebay. I can't wait to get it. It only has 2 small scratches on it and an unblemished hard case to boot. Thanks for your blog, it was very helpful in verifying it was indeed the model I was looking for.

    ReplyDelete