Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Guitar Obsession

This past weekend I met a neighbor and fellow guitar enthusiast through my Craigslist listing: "Wanted Vintage/Fine Acoustic Guitar: I'm looking for that special instrument that needs some love. Most interested in acoustic-electric mid-level Taylor, Martin, Guild, Breedlove, or similar. Higher-end Ovation also possible. Price must be right."

It turns out it was the same local guy I had noticed the week before with an impressive track record of buying and selling vintage acoustic guitars on Ebay.  As I strummed a beautiful 1980 Fender FJ-70 acoustic with a sunburst top that he was offering for sale, we compared notes and our shared obsession for vintage guitars.  Having grown up on much the same music and having similar tastes in guitars, I was happy to meet someone local bitten by the same bug.  Even better, he was generous with good tips and leads from his experience buying and selling online and locally, even hooking me up with his local luthier just one town over for any needed repairs and adjustments.

I ended up leaving with the Fender and a new friend.  Nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment